Get To Know Us:
Get To Know Our Programs:
> Get To Know Our Programs:
How To Apply
THE PURPOSE OF THE TRUST FUND IS TO PROMOTE "LIVE MUSIC" AND TO PROVIDE MUSIC WHERE MUSIC IS THE PRIME PURPOSE FOR PUBLIC ATTENDANCE.
Recommendations for Projects for MPTF performances of the following types will NOT be approved:
- When admission is charged or there is a condition for admittance.
- When donations, before, during and after performances are solicited.
- For composers' forums or performances to promote composers' new works.
- For a fund-raising activity regardless of the merit.
- For workshops, individual instructions or clinical type performances.
- For testimonials, proms, mixers, class reunions, commencement or graduation exercises, appreciation or award functions.
- For conventions, seminars, lectures of any organization.
- For a selective group - closed membership.
- For raffles.
- Where there is a requirement to purchase food or alcoholic beverages.
- Where there is sale of alcoholic beverages at a profit for charitable or other purposes.
- Where an AFM Local Union or Member of such Union acts as co-sponsor.
- For sectarian or ecumenical religious services.
- For church-connected feasts or holy days.
- Where the performance is recorded for commercial use.
- For live TV or radio broadcasts without the Trustee's prior approval 10 days in advance of performance.
- A political rally, parade, meeting, convention, social function or celebration for any political group, any business group or any labor union.
- Where the expenditure for a performance is deemed excessive by the Trustee.
- Where the size of the musical group or the type of music is deemed inappropriate for the audience to be serviced.
< Return to How To Apply Guide to the Grant...